Walking Dead, Take Me Away October 10, 2011Posted by That girl in 2011, Review.
Tags: review, television, walking dead, zombies
add a comment
So you know that thing people do where if they ignore something it’ll go away? I’m totally working that angle right now. Instead of facing facts about my ailing cat, I’m going to pretend he’s fine and tell you about the new season of Walking Dead.
You’re going to hate me: I’ve had the first two episodes for over a month, I only just watched them last week, and I didn’t even tell you about it. Forgive me? You will. I’ve got dirt.
Here’s season two (so far) in a word: Daaaaamn! These two episodes didn’t just keep the graphic zombie shots front and center, they increased it. The thing about zombies is that they aren’t bloody, but they are gooshy and … thick when you smash them open.
Here’s what’s going to happen when you watch the first episodes:
- you’ll flinch a few times
- you’re going to want to slap a kid
- you’re going to want to throttle a mother
- you’ll gasp (especially if you didn’t read the comics)
- you’ll say, “Ug. I hate that girl. She’s so wrong for this.”
- you’re going to diagnose someone with a massive infection and just know you’re right, I don’t care what they say
- you’ll totally say, “Damn. He might be a hick, but that Daryl is freaking awesome.”
- you might say, “Isn’t that that guy? You know, the one from that movie? With the weird eye?”
I don’t know; maybe not so much with that last one. But here’s one thing you will do: be pretty happy that the show hasn’t lost steam. I’m going to go right ahead and say that this season might even be better than the last.
Oh, yeah, I said it. Whatcha gonna do about it?
I’ll try to rematch the episode, see if there’s anything more exciting I can share with you. It’s not for me; I do it because I care.